Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fussen Eats

Feasting in a small town in Bavaria, Germany…

Bavarian Pretzel. How can I missed that.

~

 You know you have to try Schweinshaxe (pork knuckles) when you are in Germany. To me, my trip is not complete without this classic meal, commonly served with Kartoffelklöße (potato dumpling). Its goooood.

And of coz, accompanied with German beer – Helles.

Completing the meal with warm Apple Strudel + vanilla ice cream - Münchner Apfelstrudel. Heavenly! It tastes so different from the ones I had before.

Address: Ritterstr. 6, 87629 Füssen, Germany

~

Start off with Beer… or actually shandy - beer mixed with sprite.

One of the traditional Bavarian soup called Leberknödelsuppe / pork liver dumpling soup.

Since I didn’t managed to try out Weisswurst (white sausage) which is a tradition Bavarian sausage, I’ve pick another Bavarian dish - Nürnberger Bratwurst, which is small, thin grilled sausages served with potato salad.

Address: Schrannenplatz 10, 87629 Füssen, Germany

~

Quark Bällchen DSCN0556
     

Surprisingly its not greasy and the fried outer layer with the soft, moist inner fillings are great combinations. So soft that it melts in your mouth, so good that I can’t get enough of it. Even better when it warms you up in the wintery cold.

~

This is Schneeballen (snowball). Theses chocolate, coconut or almond balls are actually strips of dough weaved together with amaretto marzipan, marzipan, nougat etc fillings. I never tried them myself as the shop was closed but this is yet another bavarian sweet treats…

The common junks that keep me going…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...