Saturday, May 30, 2009

Galway, Ireland

Welcome to Galway

Huge paintings around the walls near the port – I particularly like this.

Graffiti, just produced out of the artist hands…

While the craze on Volvo Ocean Race is on, down at the other side was the annual Galway Open Canoe Polo competition taking place in the Claddagh Basin. Now, this is something close to my heart… its all so familiar.

 

Wandering into the back streets, I found the likes of flee / farmers market

Colourful Irish Pub

The Quays is a charming pub located in the middle of Quay Street that seems to be a popular choice for most. They even appear on postcard. Its always busy and is a great place for live traditional Irish music, I heard. Too bad I had too little time to even squeeze through to check out this place…

Many painted Green Dragons on their windows in celebration of their stopover at Galway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...